Saturday, March 8, 2014

The "Manso and Co" project

Ok, I will tell you the whole truth... This Artistic Tour is not just a "fun" travel. I have a hidden agenda, yes, I do conceal a secret project. And i' s about time the world learns about it
(oh, how pompous I am this morning... Must be the 19th floor view from my hotel over Dallas that give me this Hollywood movie trailer tone)

I am preparing a special place named Manso and Co

The first A and A- B and B of this country .

Heck, will you answer me (yes, I can hear you, this is the NSA country, remember ?), what is an A and A (I assume you all know the second part , the B and B thing..)

A and A means Animalistic and Artistic.

I am going to create an Animalistic and Artistic Bed and Breakfast in New Mexico soon.



Gosh, will you tell me, what is New Mexico exactly (no , just kidding... But the fact is even here in Texas I met people who did not know it was part of the US. And I don t even speak here of my French compatriots who are all thinking I am going to wear a large sombrero and drink tequila all day sitting on the back of a burro... Yeah, we are pretty good at stereotypes in France)

Gosh, will you tell me, once you will have realized New Mexico is home to Santa Fe, the notorious city of art , artists, artistic tourism and chile...

...What is an Animalistic and Artistic B and B exactly ?

Well, for the Artistic part, it s simple... It s a bed and breakfast where all rooms and cabine wears name of artist I like and are decorated accordingly, where you find art everywhere, in the garden, in the houses, in the sheets, plates, you name it... Everything will remind guest of happiness and beauty.
It s also a place where I will have my workshop and organize watercolors sessions, drawing sessions, collage sessions when I feel like it (yes, that s the supreme power of artists... They do decide for themselves. Ok, they don t eat every day, that's the price to pay, but freedom is just exquisite). It will also be a place with a gallery, to show art I love - and not just mine-. And it will eventually (just give me sometime for that part) be the place of a yearly festival of animal art (Yes ! I do mean by that art on animal, but Yes ! I do mean by that also art BY animals - many animals given a chance to paint enjoy creation : elephants, pigs, apes, parrots, and this festival will also be a place to learn how to encourage that in your pets!)

For the Animalistic part, Manso and co will be a special place for animals.

I love animals. Dearly. I owe my life, as a brutalized kid, to my family dog who has protected more than once from my totally uncontrolled mother - and he paid it by his own life, forhe has been euthanized by my mother order after he took my defense one last time-.

I owe animals most of my joy, beauty, understanding, love, each day of my life.

So animals are going to play a central part in the B and B, thanks to two different teams.

First, there will be the "Manso team"

the MANSO team is my own animals, the permanent ones, who are especially chosen for their way to interact with people. 
And they will wander in the property, salute every guest in the morning, play with kids in the afternoon, and watch the sunset with you in the evening, near the fire place I will build for you outside, with a great view. 

They will be ambassadors, nannies, scientific research subject for toddlers, actors... 

They will make this B and B like no other, and enjoy your company.


Their members are here to introduce you to their specie, make you laugh, make you dream, and teach kids to be later better adults in a better society than we are.

Alpacas, pygme goats, donkeys, horses, parrots , cats ... These animals will be there permanently and "work" for the B and B simply by being themselves in a preserved and happy place
(currently training my two dogs to prepare the breakfast for the guests, however still encountering some difficulties with the "give the buttered muffin to the guest ... No... No.. Don t swallow it !" part. I will inform you of the progress of the training later, thoroughly...) 

There will be alpacas "walk and lunch", cat "reading to" afternoons, lots of activities involving the team with the guest... And we will organize wonderful and original weddings and birthdays parties...

The second team will be the "chance animals", the whispering spirits, as I call them .... Those are animals left in shelters that don t get much chance to be adopted because they are shy, or old, or strange, or with special needs. 

Manso and co will work with local shelters, and welcome theses animals in the property to give them a better chance to be adopted. There will be dogs, cats, and maybe others animals, like guinea pig, or birds... depending on which the shelters fosters here.

The cabins and rooms of the guests will all have access to their shelters, the central part of the B and B will be devoted to their lodging, and the cats and dogs will even be allowed in your cabin for a night or two if you want to make sure you get along with them before going for the adoption process entirely.

The idea is that those animals need time and a quiet environment to get a chance to be noticed, loved, and adopted. And that some of you want to be sure of the animal they chose so they will enjoy the opportunity to spend time with the animal before deciding themself to become a forever home .

So if you come as a guest in my Manso and co B and B, you have to be ready to fall in love with a diabetic cat, or a handicapped dog, or a shy puppy : all those UFO (unidentified furry objects) we should love as much as the "real breed" animals for they have hearts large as the Texas land to offer ... And they will have this place to shine.

I want this place to be special, calm, fun, and full of surprises. It will be a B and B opened to kids, of course, and with a special welcome to the special needs kids - autistic, dawn syndrome, recovering ...- who are sometimes in difficulties in regular hotels... 
In my B and B, the cabins will be far enough for a loud kid to shout if he wants to... There will be room to run, places to play, and even a "rain room" filled with toys and activites in case the kids had to stay inside.

 No problem, just ideas, freedom and fun, all kids welcomed...

So you have met my project... My secret agenda... What does my Artisitc tour have to do with it ?

Well, this project takes some money - land, buildings, fencing, animal care - and it will take time before it gets the regular flow of guests needed to finance it.

So my artistic tour is not only a travel to draw, paint, and prepare my exhibit,

But also a way to raise some money.

I have my own money to fuel it, but I want to raise some more to make this place the best it can be.

In a few weeks, I will have a website ready with links to donate, and links to the special online shop I will create to sell articles supporting the project.

The website showing the project is already on line 

Www.manso-and-co.com

Right now, if you find the project interesting, please, just feel free to contact me : I welcome help to find a land near Santa Fe for this project, new ideas, friendly support, accountant help, legal advice, contact with local shelters, help for the PR... 
Whatever you can do to help make this a great A and A -B And B !

Before raising money, I want  to prepare everything... 

And your help is more than welcome in the preparation phase !

And if you meet me on the road , wit my truck my trailer  and my little flag  "remember your country is beautiful" flag, 
just come and say hello ...

 I will be on the road in a few days from now !









No comments:

Post a Comment