Thursday, August 7, 2014

Settled !

Long time no write... But here I am, in New Mexico. settled.

I found my land, my home, my dream...

It s strange when you think of it : I planned this trip from France more than a year ago, and I had never set a foot in New Mexico before. but I fell in love with Santa Fe and the area while researching Zuni fetishes (did I say in a previous post hat it s a Zuni Fetish of a bear, bought in Colorado, in a Grand Canyon Art shop, in 1987, that lead me here ?!?), and I was pretty sure I would find my happiness somewhere on the a turquoise Trail...

Well, here I am !

I found the house I wanted, negotiated it, bought it, furnished it (economically, I am an artist, don t need that much !)

And I am now a proud New Mexican in my new land of adoption.

God, how it love it here. The sky changing all the time, with its cloud rushing away in the most peculiar forms
(Oh, here is my Bear again!)

The storms that wash the ground and make the trees sing in the wind.
The dawns and the sunsets all different (and without a trace if pollution)



The neighbours who say hello to each other on the road and stop to get the last information about the mountain lion in the area ...
The kids who can play outside, shout, jump, run, and be real kids...

Yes, I love it here. The fifth wheel trip was a great way to make sure I found the place I really wanted : I have spent time in the meadow, in the plains, in the desert... And I have chosen the mountains I fell in love wih at first glance.

And I have even a friendly visitor now, nearly every morning...
He is a bit shy, and not that much talkative,
But it s such a nice fellow


I work here, in my sunny living room, drawing or writing (did I tell you my book Lion or Liar is available in English now ? Yes I think so )
And here comes my little friend, obviously curious to know more about French immigrants - or pastel drawing, I am still not sure



My parrot (of, did I tell you that Rio, my African Grey Parrot, finally made it through the US custom and quarantine and is now there ?) has a crush on this little fellow and greets him of the nicest and softest "coucou"a French word that's part Hello part Pickaboo and that he uses to say hi...
("Coucou !")

I am settled, and I am in love with my new place. So is my son Noe, who has spent the month of July there.... 




(Yes, we do water the surroundings of the chimney before we enjoy the fire on the patio)



So, now that the house is found,
"Place au travail"

Back to work !!!




No comments:

Post a Comment