Friday, March 7, 2014

Hello USA !

Here i am. In the USA. Like an eagle I am perched on the 22d follow of a big tower overviewing Dallas, feeling free and watching life underneath me. I am soooo happy to be there. 
The flight was long - ten hours from Paris - and the week before it even longer (international movers taking all my books boxes, house selling , last suitcases packing) . But everything went fine and my adventure is starting now.

During theses ten long hours,and as unfortunately Amertican Airlines had decided to punish all passenger with a Thor movie (did really serious people gather in a meeting room, read this script , see theses co stipules, and decided to give millions for this ? This is a total mystery for me. But I can tell you I had a few good laug when I raised my head and saw the poor comedians playing in ghastly designed costume. The studio restaurant must be something to see during the shooting of a movie like this one...)
I took time to draw and try my all new letraset pens. I did not have much space and I also draw in mid darkness, so I would not wake up my neighbor, but here is my first painting ever done 11 km over earth...



It s fun to have tools now that allow to work everywhere and in all conditions.

Did you know that the impressionist revolution (painting nature outside) is in fact due to a major invention : oil painting in lead tubes, allowing for the first time artists to work directly outside ! 


Sooo, back to preparation for my RV trip. it s 6 in the morning in Dallas, and I hear the city slowly waking up (yes, thanks to the time difference I am awake since 4 in the morning.. It will get better in a few days :-). I have many things to do today, and probably won't have much time to draw or write during the day... But I will definitely try to few Dallas in watercolor. I like the idea of the string, metallic architecture colliding with this soft , aerial paint. No idea what it will look like. Stay tuned to discover it soon !


No comments:

Post a Comment