Friday, February 21, 2014

As enthusiastic as a yearling...

I am preparing my stuff for my new adventure. It s not that easy. I have two suitcases to pack what I will use for the 3 or 4 next months, and it want to make good use of this opportunity : get rid of the non essential and have only what I need... And what makes life beautiful. Almost an entire suitcase is devoted to my art supplies.That s as important to me as fresh air or light and god it s so heavy ! Paper, pens, water colors... 
I just wish I could make all this stuff fly by itself and meet me there.

But no, I will have to carry my suitcases for my trip there, till I get my truck and my fifth wheel and have a chance to put everything in place, ready for my trip.

I will get some stuff to draw and paint in the US, of course. And it s part of the adventure to discover new medium and materials.
But I want to take along my old companions of travel that I cannot abandon... Like old friends, my watercolor box, my backpack are coming with me. Familiar, and a bit like fetishes.

It's funny : I am almost fifty, and I see some of my friends who are already thinking of retirement and slowing down.

And I feel so different from them. Packing my things, dreaming of my stops on the roads, preparing my new life : I am as eager as a foal !



No comments:

Post a Comment